2020 was certainly a challenging year all around.
Many of you were forced to operate at drastically reduced capacities, while others were unable to re-open at all.
Those who did open faced the stress of enforcing social distancing and masking, among other challenges.
Here at Starboard Suite headquarters, we were forced to move to 100% remote work almost overnight. While adjusting to that, we struggled through weeks of wildfire smoke which we're certainly glad to have behind us.
We wanted to take a minute to thank you for sticking with us during these difficult times.
Your success is incredibly important to us, and we hope you feel we rose to the occasion.
I've included a quick recap of some of this year's platform improvements below.
Wishing you a safe and happy holiday -- here's to a better year ahead!
- Gave customers the ability to add a gratuity while booking online.
- Added Today's Events and Today's Manifests screens that let you manage an entire day's events from a single screen.
- Added Payment Requests that let you request a credit card payment from a customer on an existing booking or contract.
- Added support for the Verifone P400 which allows you to take touchless payments from any device.
- Added a Universal Quick Search and a Recent Activity sidebar to make it faster and easier to find anything you might be looking for.
- Added waitlists to online, phone and walk-up bookings, to help you build a queue of interested guests and maximize your inventory.
- Gave customers the ability to add a gratuity from their follow-up emails.
- Launched the new Tabitha online booking engine with a faster, more modern design and enhanced security features.