Great news, we've added support for partial gift certificate redemptions!
Previously, a gift certificate code could only be applied toward a single purchase (though you had an option to refund any remaining balance as a new certificate).
After you enable this feature, a single gift certificate code will be usable multiple times, and we'll carry the balance forward until it's used up.
To enable this feature
- Navigate to Admin->System Configuration->Discount Codes and Gift Certificates
- Set "Allow Partial Gift Certificate Redemptions" to "True".
Updates to reporting
We've updated your gift certificates report to show all of the individual redemptions.
To see the redemption details of a specific gift certificate, just click the arrow to expand the redemption value:
After you enable the partial redemptions feature:
- For your security, gift certificates that were redeemed previously will still be treated as fully redeemed, and will appear with a remaining value of "0" in your reporting.
- All gift certificates including those sold previously (but not redeemed) will use the new rules.
- The gift certificates "lookup" tool on the payment screen will still work just like before.
- You'll still have the option to redeem a certificate up to its full value and refund the difference.
- We'll automatically remove the "must be redeemed in a single purchase" policy from your certificates.
We hope you find this helpful!